Surly Cross Check Frameset - 2021Cross-Check is a tough-as-nails, super-versatile road bike that performs astonishingly well on any surface.
There is no such thing as one bike that can do it all, but Cross-Check comes pretty damn close. It's a dyed-in-the-wool commuter and utility rig. It was a gravel crusher long before "gravel bikes" existed. Some people have even raced cyclocross on it. Though, we don't necessarily condone that behavior.
Cross-Check was the first complete bike we ever offered. Since then, people have modified them hundreds of different ways to suit their riding styles and preferences. There’s a reason that nearly every person who has ever worked for Surly has owned one.
- Semi-horizontal dropouts for singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability
- Gnot-Rite dropout spacing allows installation of 130 or 135mm hubs
- Accommodations for front and rear racks and fenders
- Clearance for 700 x 42mm tires with or without fenders
|Frame||4130 Chromoly, Natch tubing, double-butted main triangle, TIG welded, ED coated, "Gnot-rite" 132.5mm QR|
|Fork||4130 Chromoly, Natch tubing, double-butted tapered fork blades, brazed lugs, ED coated, 100mm QR|
|Bottom Bracket||68mm threaded (1.37" x 24TPI)|
|Brake Compatibility||Cantilever / Linear pull|
* Subject to change without notice.